Friday, September 30, 2011

The music in my head and zombie stuff

Since my we signed my son up for a music class last January, I have the wonderful opportunity to get children songs stuck in my head. I can tell you there is nothing more annoying that having "Paolo Paolo Paolo" stuck in your head, especially when I don't speak any Spanish and the ENTIRE song is in Spanish. So, it's just the words "Paolo Paolo Paolo" over and over to the tune.

But this morning I woke up with a real song in my head! "Cough Syrup" by Young the Giant. Of course now we are on hour three of it in my head and I've not only listened to it four times but also read the full lyrics to see if it will go away.

I'm always surprised at song lyrics. I usually get the gist of it and had the chorus of this down. But I had no idea what was in this song...especially verse 2:

"Life’s too short to even care at all
I’m coming up now coming up now out of the blue
These zombies in the park they’re looking for my heart
A dark world aches for a splash of the sun" [thank you lyricsmania.com]

Zombies in the park? Noooooo!!

I'm tired of zombies. I'm over them. By like 25 years.

When I was a child I watched the Living Dead series (um, see previous posts about no restrictions on movies that were on Saturday afternoons!)...and I loved horror and gore.

But not now. The Ring ruined me for horror movies. I couldn't look into a mirror for months without seeing that little girl in the movie behind me. I couldn't even watch I Am Legend all the way through. (Which I did NOT realize was a zombie movie when I began watching it!)

My husband recently rented season 1 the Walking Dead. I refused to watch it, so he waited until a night I went to the gym to enjoy it. He then told me a bit about it, and sure enough I had nightmares that night about zombies.

I guess the point of this post is this: Go away zombies. I was really enjoying that vampire craze!

1 comment:

JC said...

Dear god does Meg love Zombies...she is addicted to the Walking Dead series. I am not a horror person either, so they can watch it and we drink..Huzzah!